Red Dead Redemption 3: Roger Clark shares his thoughts

Intelligence Summary
- Get the latest on Red Dead Redemption 3 and Arthur Morgan actor Roger Clark’s reaction.
Red Dead Redemption 3: Roger Clark shares his thoughts
Rumors about a possible sequel to the hugely popular Red Dead Redemption 2 continue to keep gamers talking. Actor Roger Clark, who plays protagonist Arthur Morgan, has recently shared his thoughts on Red Dead Redemption 3. This comes nearly eight years after Red Dead Redemption 2 first launched.
Roger Clark’s reaction
In a recent interview, Roger Clark said he regularly gets asked by fans about the follow-up to Red Dead Redemption 2. With a touch of humor, he joked that the game could release "tomorrow after lunch." But in all seriousness, he also admitted he has no idea when the sequel will arrive and suspects it will be "a long time" before that happens.
Clark said he is excited by the idea of Red Dead Redemption 3, calling it "crazy" if Rockstar Games didn’t make a sequel. At the same time, he’s realistic about expectations and unsure whether his character will return. He says he’d be open to reprising the role if the developers ever reached out.
The success of Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold more than 85 million copies so far, an impressive figure in the gaming industry. By comparison, hit RPG Baldur’s Gate 3 has sold 20 million copies to date, which is strong, but still nowhere near the success of Red Dead Redemption 2. Despite that, the franchise remains largely overshadowed by the Grand Theft Auto series, which continues to get the most attention from Rockstar and publisher Take-Two Interactive. Grand Theft Auto V has sold more than 225 million copies so far, and GTA Online continues to generate millions of dollars for the company every day.
Timeline
May 21, 2026: Roger Clark gives official comments on Red Dead Redemption 3 in an interview.
October 26, 2018: Red Dead Redemption 2 launches worldwide.
2026: Grand Theft Auto 6 is expected to release later in the year.
The future of Red Dead Redemption
The future of Red Dead Redemption now depends on decisions from Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive. Clark isn’t the only actor willing to return; Rob Wiethoff, who played John Marston, has also said he would come back to the series “in a second” if possible. Alex McKenna, who played Sadie Adler, has likewise expressed a desire to return, saying she’d love to see her character take a leading role in a potential sequel.
It’s clear there is plenty of passion and enthusiasm among the Red Dead Redemption 2 cast. But whether and when Rockstar will announce a sequel to this iconic game remains uncertain. Fans of the franchise will be watching closely for any updates on Red Dead Redemption 3.


